1 or 2 Year Program (2 yrs recommended)
Graduate from high school with employability skills related to your educational and career goals
Imagination in Your Hands!
Convert your creativity and passion for software into a career path. This fast self-paced course covers 4 main areas of study that include 3D & 2D Art, Software Development for Video Games, Mobile Apps & web. You will learn the skills necessary to be able to complete digital tasks within each area of study. Students learn valuable skills working in project teams, taking an idea and bringing a potentially market viable product. There are many career opportunities today and since this field changes so quickly new and more exciting ones appear all the time for students who are willing to work hard and learn new skills and earn certifications.
A huge advantage for our students is you will also have the opportunity to become a dual-enrolled college student in the EMCC Computer Science Program while completing the following college courses while at UTC. Up to 30 credits from our dual enrolled courses are directly linked for students to be able to continue their Associate’s Degree Program in Computer Science – Coding at EMCC.
Career Paths: 2D / 3D Artist, Animator, Blog Developer, PC Support Specialist, Programmer, Technical Support Specialist, Webmaster, Web Developer
You will have opportunities in the IT Lab not found elsewhere in UTC’s school districts.
3 high school credits for each year and college credits while still in high school
Dual Enrollment Agreements
EMCC – CST103 – Introduction to Computer Systems
EMCC – CST154 – Object-Oriented Programming I
EMCC – CST143 – Web Applications & Development
EMCC – CST253 – Object Oriented Programming II
EMCC – CST251 – Cloud Computing I
EMCC – CST254 – Cloud Computing II
EMCC – CST163 – Computer Applications
EMCC – CSE101 – Oral Communications
EMCC – DGD113 Introduction to Photoshop
For a complete list of the Program of Studies Agreements, please click here.
Precision Exam for Content Certifications
OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Safety & Health Certificate
Colleges and post-secondary programs affiliated with this program include, but are not limited to:
- *Boston University’s Center for Digital Imaging Arts
- *University of Maine Systems
- *Maine Community College System
- *Husson University and/or NESCom
- *Full Sail University
- *Champlain College (Vermont)
- Marist College (New York)
- *The Art Institues (Boston, Massachusetts & Tennessee)
- *Ringling School of Art & Design (Florida)
- University of Tampa (Florida)
- *England Institute of Technology
- *University of New Brunswick (Canada)
- *New England Institute of Technology (Rhode Island)
- *Living Arts College (North Carolina)
- *Maine College of Arts
- Maine Maritime
- *University of Virginia Graphic Design (foreign exchange student…Norway)
- *Numont University (Utah)
- *New Hampshire School of Design
- Savannah College of Design (Georgia)
- Worcester Polytech Institute (Massachusetts)
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Digipen (Washington State)
- *Collins College (Arizona)
* Denotes students attending, attended, or have already graduated
UTC and the IT Class is proudly a C++ Institute Academy.
Pre-requisite Academic Courses:
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to read, comprehend & write at a high school level
Click here to apply online as soon as possible. Please mention this program specifically in the "Tell us why you are interested in United Technologies Center" online form.
This course meets Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, and Fri from 8:30 am to 1:45 pm.
This course is held at United Technologies Center .
Course ID: IT